16 September 2009

100 Issues for 100 Days: #31


#31: Bright Days, Stupid Nights

Bright Days, Stupid Nights
was one of my favorite books when I was young. The story is about four young people working at a small-town newspaper during the summer. At the time, I identified with the character Vicki, the hard-working prodigy who tried hard to prove herself while being caught up in the "romance" she hoped would happen. Pretty much me to a tee. But I never quite understood the title ... until now.

Lately, I've been having a lot of bright days and stupid nights. One thing that I'm constantly afraid of is the "teacher rut". We're only three weeks out so I still have hope but right now it's lots of going to school, dealing with the September heat and coming home to dinner. And an exciting change is a school event like Back-to-School night. The scariest thing is when work drama becomes a big part of your life. It's like high school again when the intensity of every moment makes you feel like it is the MOST IMPORTANT THING.

So I'm trying to keep my life balanced. I want bright days and fun nights.

No comments: