14 September 2009

100 Issues for 100 Days: #29

#29: Monday Night Round-Up

Eating: Marinated bean salad over garlic & cilantro couscous.

Watching:
Greek, Gossip Girl and Lincoln Heights.

Hoping: That the loan I took out clears in the next few days so I can pay my (overdue) rent.

YouTubing: Sailor Moon and General Hospital's Jason and Sam.

Mourning: Patrick Swayze, who died today of pancreatic cancer. I was midway through tonight's entry when I heard about it. Although I'll admit to spending many a Saturday memorizing the steps from Dirty Dancing, it's his impeccable performance from To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything, Julie Numar that made me fall in love with Patrick Swayze all over again. He took a part that could have been over the top and ridiculous and injected a strong sense of a man who struggled with his sexual identity and finding acceptance. And throughout the entire film he showed the class and elegance of a woman. I'd heard for a while about his struggle with cancer so this was not completely out of the blue but the last I'd heard Swayze was on the mend and I'd hoped that he would be with us for many years to come. I'm sure wherever he is he is dancing. Rest in peace.


Edited to add: Just found out that Jim Carroll died on Friday. I feel like pieces of my childhood are dying every day.

No comments: