13 September 2009

100 Issues for 100 Days: #28

#28: Fiddler on the Roof

Today has been a weird day. For the past few weeks, I've been very much inside of my head. I find myself fixating on phrases.

Earlier, I watched Lions for Lambs and a quote stuck in my mind.
Nowhere have I seen such Lions led by such Lambs.
I wonder if we're all Lions being led by Lambs or if we're just a bunch of sheep.

Right now our financial system is collapsing and our government and citizens seem to be showing a lack of courage. Personally, it seems to be manifesting in my life with a severe shortage of money and a fear of the future that I haven't felt before and yet, I spent my day watching movies and television shows. I wonder if I'm not fiddling while Rome is burning all around me. And if I am, what do I do to stop it?

No comments: