22 November 2009

100 Issues for 100 Days: #97

#97: Woke Up. Still Tired.

Real sleep is an elusive lover. Some days I wake up refreshed and wonderful, other days I might as well have stayed up. The next month is going to be hellish. I have meetings, events, fundraisers and who knows what else will crop up (illnesses, etc.), so I'm trying to figure out now, what I can do to make my sleep more fulfilling.

I think one thing that might help is making sure that if I drink in the evening, it's well before I go to bed. I know alcohol helps me fall asleep but I definitely don't feel well-rested after a night of drinking.

Another thing is really turning off my brain. One of the problems of working with kids is that it's hard to leave work at work. Some times I find myself thinking about what happened during the day and/or how I can make the next day go better and it's hard to let things go so that I'm not stressed or even dreaming about work, which is the worst.

Finally, I think I need to have more sex. I never sleep better than I do after sex. That's just a fact. So, more sex.

I'll try it out and get back to you.

No comments: