09 November 2009

100 Issues for 100 Days: #85

#85: Word of the Day ...


Indifference. On Friday, my iPod was taken from work. It was a red iPod nano (1st generation) and it was the first major purchase I made after moving to Oakland. It was my first "big girl" gift to myself.

Ever since my iPod was taken I've felt an overwhelming feeling of indifference towards my students. I'm not really mad, I've just shut down. After weeks of busting my ass and going above and beyond, I find myself at a standstill. I just. don't. care.

I'm doing what I have to do but I can't find the energy to do more. I hate feeling like this because I'm not someone who does the bare minimum. I throw myself headfirst into every project and I extend energy, money and most of all my heart. Now I just can't.

I'm hoping someone will have the integrity to return my iPod but either way, I'm kind of considering this semester a wash. I'm d-u-n, done.

No comments: