30 October 2009

100 Issues for 100 Days #74

#74: Traveling Man

Sometimes the only way for me to think is to get away from home. I've always been a traveler. In the summer, my mom would send me down to North Carolina to stay with my great-grandparents. While I know now that it was her way of taking a break from me, I thank her immensely because those summers were the best of my life. I got to spend time with my wonderful great-grandfather, Granddaddy Bud. We would sneak past my Grandma Rose and snag ice cream sandwiches. He'd let me steer his huge truck. And I'd sit in the swing behind the house and just relax and wait for dinner. The best thing was that anything that was happening back in NY didn't matter because I couldn't do anything about it.

Now, the same rules apply. Getting out of town means taking a break. I can't worry about the laundry that needs to be done because I can't do it. I don't have to struggle with what I should be doing. This weekend I'm on hiatus. I'm traveling. I'll still update but that's the ony commitment I'm sticking to.

No comments: