05 October 2009

100 Issues for 100 Days: #50

#50: Miles To Go Before I Sleep

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep
- Robert Frost

I'm halfway there. To be honest, I didn't think that I'd make it this far. The thought of trying to update a blog every single day for a hundred days is pretty daunting. And I know my life is not that interesting. But some good things have come from this.

I feel like when I discuss something in my blog it pushes me to follow through on it. So even if no one is reading, if I say I'm going to do something, I go out and do it. Before, I might've just stayed in the house since no one would know anyway.

It's also been helpful to put my thoughts down somewhere. Whenever I start to live too much in my head, writing down my thoughts here has helped.

And finally, there's something about writing that once the dam bursts, it's hard to get it under control again. I've been writing much more than I did before and I think it's because of the blog. I once took a class where the assignments were "2 pages, of anything, by tomorrow". At first it seemed daunting but later I'd fill pages beyond that. That's how I feel now. This started as a daunting task, and sometimes it still is, but I'm writing more than ever.

Now I've got promises to keep (50 more days) and miles to go before I sleep.

No comments: