02 October 2009

100 Issues for 100 Days: #47


#47: First Fridays


First Fridays are the night when I get to experience Oakland and it's over-21 denizens for free. Tonight, I hung out at Oakland Art Murmur, a basic free for all of art, booze and crunchy Oakland types.

The thing I like about First Fridays, is that it's also the night when I run into people I know. Similar to going to Kings Plaza in Brooklyn, there's no way I can go out on a Frist Friday and not run into someone I know. It makes me feel like I'm a part of this community.

I saw some great art tonight as well and if I had an extra $100-$600, I would have gladly purchased some paintings or sculptures. The other good thing was meeting friends of friends. As I continue to try to "expand my social circle", it's good tht I meet more people. I might be attending a Shabbat pretty soon. And I love latkes :)

No comments: